Sunday, December 26, 2004

Stories from My Youth: VIII - Diary Entries from Grade Five

Oct. Fri. 20. 1995

Today, I go to school, I have learn some French words. And I have a Computer project, but I haven't finish. Jackie is sick also. But better than yesterday. And today is spelling test, too. Time: 7:02pm

Oct. Mon. 23. 1995 [a picture of volleyball drawn]

Today I have gym, I play volleyball (pai-co) in gym. In lunch time, I can see my two brothers (Jackie, Tommy) play off the skate game. They are happy. After school, I make a thing is "Johnson, Jackie Paper Keep" and "Johnson Chan Scarpbook Keep Picture". And I am going to eat apples!

Nov. 10., Fri, 1995

Today, I have play foot-Hockey. It's fun. Tommy's classmate has come to my house to play with us. We play happy. At night, Tommy has cry because dad play a fun game with him but he don't like this so he cry. I always laugh.
~[Note: the "fun game with him but he don't like" is a "joke", as it was later corrected]

Nov. 11, Sat. 1995

Hi, my Journal. Today I have no school because today is Saturday. And We go to library. But Library is close. Oh! we forget, today is Remembrance Day. At night, we play [mahjong]. It's fun. But I lose many pieces. And we are going to play Monopoly in next morning.

Jan 9 1996

The second day I go to school, when I go to the library, the librarian said I had borrow a book and I haven't return, so Mrs. Smith make I can't borrow the books, while I haven't borrow it, how can I return, I say to the Librarian but she says you must return, so I have no idea. And I play square-ball! It is fun. Alex has win. I have listening text too. And Saxon comes to school.

Jan 10 1996 Wed.

Today in gym I play basketball with Kyle, Herny, Meggy. I and Kyle are a team. My team have lost. The school is 21-15. After school, I go to the school library, see the librarian, Mrs. Smith. Mrs. Smith help me to check in the library, maybe I have $15. My Anutie has got sick. Maybe she will die.
~[Note: I have no idea who this "aunite" is.]

Jan 15 1996

Today I found the library book, that's make me happy! I can borrow book in the library again. I play basketball again in gym. The computer is funny, I play "TAX" and got the second score in the content. I have eat some cookie, it made from Mexico. At my ESL reading I finish a book.
~[Note: "TAX" is "tetris"]

3, June, 1996

Dear Diary,

One week more, we will fly to Hong Kong. Today, school not so happy. I arguy with Kyle, I will tell you later. Gym time, we play BBS (Baseball, Basketball Soccer). It's alittle boring, while we still have fun. I play tag at recess. I almost lose. The soccer game at lunch, not fair, 3-2, lost. Sad! When the school time over, Mr. Strandberg said to Kyle, because he has play something noisy with me, so he got in trouble, but he said that I and him had to sty after school because I play the same things, but Mr. Strandberg didn't call me to stay, so I arguy. Well, what do you think? I didn't stay finally and go home. But I feel mad. I also do want broke the friendship. Nah, we'll see what happens tomorrow. Back to home, we remember yesterday play the home soccer game 2 against 2. I and Jackie win Dad and Tommy 3-2. We make our call "New Westminster Young Man". Dad had to do some wood work. He does a job, he make the tables very nice.

June, 4, 1996

Dear Diary,

Today very luckily, Kyle didn't mad at me, our friendship didn't break, he still looked nice. I also get shot, I think it's very hurt, but within 5 seconds and that's done, and I don't feel anything, cool! Mr. Strandberg had hang out my math test, I got 96%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home